Fun Fact

[avatar]
I woke up this morning to find that in the first 24 of FAWM this year, more songs have been posted than in the entirety of the first two FAWMs combined.

Write on, fellow fawmers! 💪
[avatar]
Hell yeah!

Hey is FAWM 20 this year @burrsettles?? It’s my 18th time and I THINK I was on the third…
[avatar]
Never mind, I just realised that me being on the third would make it next year!
[avatar]
@jackdawfactories this is the 20th FAWM, but it's been 19 years (funny how math works). So we decided to make next year our big "20th anniversary" blowout. 😉
[avatar]
@burrsettles - does that also mean there are more active fawmers than ever, or are the same number of active fawmers being more active?
[avatar]
Oh, well the opening stat ☝ was just compared to the first 2 years. I don't have day-by-day stats on hand for all previous FAWMs (for example, I don't know how the first 24 hours of this year compare to last year). So... TBD...
[avatar]
@gslade
Will there be pivot tables???
[avatar]
Update: FAWM 2023 has now collectively surpassed the total musical output of the first 3 FAWMs combined (2004-2006)...
[avatar]
@andrea
Crazy and awesome! I think we should extend FAWM another month due to the high volume of posts😁
[avatar]
Nice ! Here's to keeping up pace for a new record
[avatar]
UPDATE: FAWM 2023 has now collectively surpassed the total musical output of the first FOUR FAWMs combined (2004-2007). 😳

*** BUT DON'T GET COCKY! ***
Compared to last year (2022), by this point (15:00 GMT on Feb 11) we'd collectively posted 6% more songs. To put it another way, so far we've posted 83% as many songs as we did last year. So we are... slipping! 😱

So time to shut up the inner critic and just make some music! I'm saying this for myself as much as anyone... 😉
[avatar]
Aaaargh! There's not enough hours in the day to keep up my songwriting to keep the pace AND also commenting and working and going to the gym and spending time with my family... Why isn't FAWM a national (or global) holiday month?!?
[avatar]
@candle
+1 for the holiday month idea. Don't think it'll fly. But hey, here's to dreaming 😉

I love when you share stats with the community, @burrsettles Thank you for that.

See You In The Shadows…
[avatar]
UPDATE: FAWM 2023 has now produced more than the first 5 FAWMs combined (2004-2008).

However, as of this writing we're still at 2% fewer songs than the exact same point last year. THREE MORE DAYS TO GO!

How many more songs do you have in you? 💪
[avatar]
UPDATE: as of this writing, there are 11,426 FAWM songs so far in 2023... which already makes it the 3rd most prolific FAWM in history (2021 and 2022 taking 1st and 2nd place)... currently we're about 1% behind last year's pace.

33 hours to go! how many more do you have in you!?!?
[avatar]
Honestly I expected a 3-5% slip from last year. I'm writing less, but I was also unemployed last year...
[avatar]
we just crossed the 12k-song mark! that's only happened twice before!
[FAWM]